Stories by Christian D'Avino
- Thousands cast their ballots in community-referendum on hospital privatization in Ontario
- All cats rescued, donations needed after fire at Oro-Medonte animal shelter
- Collingwood Blues bring OJHL championship home
- GPS tracking bottles will monitor garbage levels in Georgian Bay
- Minden and Chesley, Ont. residents fight to save their hospital's futures
- Ontario NDP leader joins residents to fight Minden ER closure
- County of Simcoe to name local student honorary paramedic for Paramedic Services Week
- Minden, Ont. residents seek legal challenge to prevent emergency department closure
- RVH to close COVID, Cold and Flu Clinic in Barrie
- New Elmvale rainbow crosswalk spray painted with derogatory words
- Impaired driving charges laid in Innisfil within two nights
- Simcoe County up for review following Peel Region break up
- What's open and closed in Simcoe County on Victoria Day weekend
- Barrie police lay numerous drug charges in traffic stop
- Police searching for suspect after stabbing in Owen Sound
- Meet the CFB Borden captain who escorted the king and queen during their coronation
- Construction begins on multi-use path in Newmarket
- Coldwater museum gets provincial grant to 'ensure' future
- Town of Innisfil opens new business development applications
- Barrie home slated for demolition goes up in flames
Christian D'Avino is an award-winning video journalist with CTV News Barrie.
The Brampton, Ont. native traveled to Dawson Creek, B.C. to get his career started in television news.
He describes himself as hard working and is always willing to dig deeper on the stories that matter most.
Prior to his role at CJDC-TV, D'Avino worked as a radio reporter for 980 CFPL in London, Ont. There, he also produced several talk shows and London Knights broadcasts.
When he's not reporting, D'Avino's weekends are typically spent watching his favourite sports teams or jamming out on his guitar.
D'Avino graduated from Fanshawe College with a diploma in broadcast journalism and graduate certificate in television news.
During his second year at the school, he was a recipient of the Bell Media News Writer of the Year and Dana Lewis Frontline journalism awards.
D'Avino is fluent in English.
- Bell Media News Writer of the Year award
- Dana Lewis Frontline award