Gas leak cause of explosion in Rama
Numerous fire crews battled a fire at a home on Rama Road July 24, 2013. (Mike Walker / CTV Barrie)
Published Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:26PM EDT
Investigators say a gas leak in the basement was the cause of an explosion at a lakefront home in Rama Wednesday morning.
The Ontario Fire Marshal continues to investigate but have confirmed to CTV News a gas leak in the basement led to the explosion.
The 67-year-old owner of the home suffered burns to his face after the explosion and was taken to Sunnybrook Hospital in Toronto.