Fire destroys garage, antique cars in Stroud
Flames rip through a garage in Stroud, Ont. on Monday, April 17, 2017. (CTV Barrie)
Improper disposal of ashes is believed to be the cause of a house fire in Stroud.
Firefighters were called to Sandy Cove Drive on Monday night after a home went up in flames. The fire was contained to the garage, but did penetrate the attic.
The roof was damaged and several antique vehicles were destroyed. Damage is pegged at $250,000.
Officials say two-day-old ashes were stored too close to the house and not properly cooled. According to investigators, the wind caught the hot ashes and pushed it towards the home.
No injuries are reported.