Woman taken to hospital after fire at MacTier home
Published Wednesday, April 23, 2014 4:19PM EDT Last Updated Wednesday, April 23, 2014 6:39PM EDT
The upper floor of a home in MacTier is a total loss this afternoon after a fire.
The fire happened at a home on High Street.
Township of Georgian Bay Fire Chief Jim Boswell says the fire started with an electric blanket, and then spread to the mattress first and then the rest of the upper floor.
“We are looking at a faulty heating pad at this time,” he tells CTV News. “We believe the heating was left on, the occupants left, the heating pad malfunctioned and started the mattress on fire.”
Two people were home at the time, and one woman was taken to hospital for smoke inhalation. Another person home at the time wasn’t hurt.
About 25 firefighters were called in to put out the fire. There is no damage estimate at this time.