Skip to main content

Smoking materials blamed for fire in Barrie's north end

Barrie's fire department was called to a garage fire Fri., March 24, 2023. (Courtesy: Michael Chorney/At the Scene Photography) Barrie's fire department was called to a garage fire Fri., March 24, 2023. (Courtesy: Michael Chorney/At the Scene Photography)
Share

A garage fire on Scott Crescent was caused by smoking materials.

The Barrie Fire and Emergency Service was called to a home in Barrie's north end at 11 p.m. Friday.

"There were no reported injuries," said assistant Deputy Chief Derek Wilson. "Only the contents were involved, so there was no damage to the structure."

Wilson said the value of the contents ruined by the fire is undetermined at this time.

CTVNews.ca Top Stories

Montreal-area high school students protest 'sexist' dress code

Approximately 50 Montreal-area students — the vast majority of them female — were suspended Wednesday after their school deemed the shorts they were wearing were too short. On Thursday, several students staged a walk-out to protest what they believe is a "sexist" dress code that unfairly targets girls.

Stay Connected