Articles by Molly Frommer
- Barrie man wins big with lottery
- Barrie restaurants, bars brace for most significant alcohol tax jump in 40 years
- Federal grant program to offer specialized services for military survivors of sexual assault
- York Regional Police aim to raise $100K to support Southlake's Pediatric Oncology Unit
- Construction underway on unique supportive housing facility in Barrie after years of delays
- High sodium rates in Muskoka sparks concern over lake health
- Barrie police crack down on excessive speed after rise in community complaints
- Muskoka sees less travelers as March break comes to an end
- Orangeville high school raises thousands for breast cancer research
- Maple syrup producers hopeful for promising season
- Volunteers bring compassion to drop-in listening service in Barrie
- Barrie teen embarks on 4th humanitarian mission to help war refugee children
- Barrie environmental organizations team up to protect trees
- One-of-a-kind fleece-to-fabric mill near Parry Sound sees growing demand
- Coldwater Steampunk Festival will not return this year
- Innisfil man's 28-foot whale sculpture captivates community
- Muskoka paramedic services looking to hire more staff for the summer
Molly Frommer is a videojournalist with CTV News Barrie.
She joined the Barrie team in February 2023 after covering breaking news with CTV Northern Ontario for several years.
She hails from a small town in southern Ontario and one of her passions is travelling and visiting new places.
Molly attended Fanshawe College in London, Ont., where she received a diploma from the Television Broadcasting program and also graduated with honours from the Broadcast Journalism-Television News Post-Graduate program.
Upon graduation, she chose to travel for a couple years in order to scratch some wishes from her bucket list. One of her favourite memories from that time was exploring Australia and swimming in the Great Barrier Reef.
Molly began her broadcasting career in Thunder Bay, at TBT News, where she spent 18 months before joining CTV News.
Throughout her career, Molly has covered a variety of news stories, such as serious car crashes, massive fires, including the Parry Sound 33 wildfire in 2018, court coverage and the Ontario Secondary School Teacher’s Federation strike.
She speaks English, and when she is not working, enjoys spending time outdoors, seeking new adventures, and spending time with family and friends.