Articles by Justin Rydell
- Winter storm could bring another 20cm of snow to central Ontario: Here's when
- Driver accused of speaking with girl, 12, walking home from school in Bradford wanted by police
- Serious crash shuts down Airport Road in Mulmur Township
- Where to go if you’re stranded on the road by the squalls
- Blinding squalls continue to hammer the region
- Crash involving taxi snarls traffic in central Barrie
- Up to 25cm to blanket central Ontario: This is when to expect it
- Parry Sound high school placed in lockdown after alleged threat
- Police bust four men accused in massive break-in spree
- One man arrested after stabbing in downtown Barrie
- Suspects arrested in high-risk takedown in Barrie
- Canada-wide warrant issued for federal offender who could be in Simcoe County
- Cyclist in critical condition after being struck by a gravel truck
- 15 charges laid against 4 people in Muskoka, GTA drug bust
- Severe thunderstorm warnings blanket the region, including Muskoka
Justin Rydell began working at CTV News in Barrie as a photographer/producer in 2009.
In 2016, he was promoted to Senior Producer.
Justin is passionate about politics, ethics, court coverage and breaking news.
The work Justin did with CTV Videographer Roger Klein on the collapse of the bee population and pollinators as a whole received national attention. The pressure put on the government by the community resulted in governmental policy change as it relates to pesticide use to protect pollinators.
Justin was born in Utah, and raised in Colorado, but has called Southern Ontario home since 1997. He moved to Barrie in 2010.
Justin started his journalism career working for the Caledon Enterprise as a student-writer. He graduated from King's University College at Western University with a BA in Political Science and Philosophy and has an Advanced Post Graduate Degree with Honours in Journalism from Humber College.
He spent time as a media consultant for the Canadian Armed Forces where he worked with different battlegroups throughout their workup training during the Afghanistan War.
When he's not working in the newsroom, Justin is very active in community sports. He's an avid golfer with a 4 handicap. He currently lives in Barrie with his partner, Natalie, and their Red Smooth Dachshund Jackson.
Justin speaks English.