Articles by Jonathan
- Muskoka Road 34 fully closed at Muskoka and Simcoe boundary
- Barrie Food Bank honoured with innovation ward
- Thousands of dollars lost over gift card scams in Simcoe County
- Downtown summer staple returns to Barrie
- Collingwood man charged for making threats using gun: OPP
- Construction projects set to begin at Orillia's waterfront
- Simcoe County schools hosting Relay for Life fundraisers
- Innisfil man clocked going 80 km/h over speed limit
- Bradford stabbing called 'hate-related' by police
- New mural shines bright in downtown Barrie
- Toronto woman charged with stunt driving in Simcoe County
- Fire bans in place for parts of York Region
- Tipi gathering in Barrie kicks off National Indigenous History Month
- ‘Mole Mobile’: Mobile skin cancer unit rolls through Barrie
- Georgian College kicks off Pride month with celebrations at all campuses
- Oro-Medonte cat shelter damaged by fire forced to close
- Innisfil library uses ‘Yarn Bombing’ to raise awareness for deaf-blindness
- YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka offering free day passes in June
- RVH launches booking system for minor limb injuries patients
- Bracebridge beach shut down over safety concerns
Jonathan is an operational floater with CTV News in Barrie.
His journalism career began at a weekly newspaper in southern Alberta after graduating from Lethbridge College in 2016.
After a short stint there, he moved to Red Deer to report at a daily newspaper before making the switch to radio and joining the Sunny 94 team in Lacombe.
Jonathan then moved to Regina and began working at Global News as a digital broadcast journalist.
During Jonathan’s time in Regina, he covered everything from sports, city council to politics both for television and online.
Jonathan is a sports fanatic and can often be found in front of a television watching his favourite teams – the Montreal Canadiens, Toronto Blue Jays and Toronto Raptors.
He speaks English and French and joined CTV Barrie in 2021.