Stories by Ian Duffy
- Barrie Bash returns to city with big economic boost
- Heat, dry temperatures cause extreme fire danger rating in Simcoe County
- Tangle Creek in Thornton hosts Ontario's top amateur golfers
- Hotter-than-normal summer in the forecast for Simcoe Muskoka, expert says
- South Simcoe Police launch Newcomers Academy
- Barrie man wins the Ontario Champion of Champions golf tournament
- Potential location selected for new Barrie YMCA
- Purses containing $10K worth of rings snatched from Midland Dollarama
- Demand for campsites soars as camping season begins
- Clearview's Tulip bloom celebration marks liberation of Holland
- Sewage spill in Wasaga Beach forest to be cleaned in time for long weekend
- Government grant aims to keep medical students in underserviced communities
- Dry conditions in Muskoka spark concern
- Orillia's Tudhope Park undergoes improvements for Mariposa festival, new pickleball courts
- Here's how Wasaga Beach intends to put the town 'back on the map'
- Swastikas found painted on trees in Barrie investigated as hate crime
- Lightfoot's impact felt in his hometown of Orillia, Ont. as fans mourn and celebrate his life
- Dash cam footage captures frightening moments on Highway 89 in Mulmur
- Purse snatcher apologizes to Collingwood woman's family ahead of sentencing
- Orillia unveils new downtown parking rates
Ian Duffy is a video journalist with CTV New Barrie.
He studied communications at Brock University in St. Catharines before attending the College of Sports Media in Toronto.
Ian worked at the FNTSY Sports Network in Toronto after his internship and then went to Global News in Regina, Saskatchewan, as a sports reporter and anchor.
During the pandemic, he made the switch from sports coverage to news to give himself a new opportunity and return to Ontario.
He started with CTV News Barrie in June 2022, covering various stories.
Ian grew up in Ajax and speaks English.
He enjoys fostering rescue dogs and has an "absurd obsession" with the Cleveland Browns.
He won a national championship playing lacrosse while at Brock University. He also had a 'cup of coffee' playing lacrosse at the pro level and now enjoys refereeing the sport in his spare time.