Stories by Ian Duffy
- Barrie city council considers $40M Sadlon Arena renovations
- Barrie Colts gear up for playoff journey without key players in series opener
- Busby Centre braces for higher demand with Salvation Army's meal program ending
- Robinson's General Store in Dorset to reopen under new ownership
- Catalytic converter thefts spike in Barrie
- Barrie man at the centre of violent arrest sentenced for unrelated charges
- Against All Odds: Barrie woman's rise to becoming champion arm wrestler
- Wasaga Beach takes stand against cyberbullying with powerful presentation
- Youngest skier to ever join Canada's freestyle team is from Oro-Medonte
- Snowmobile season winding down with the melting snow across Simcoe County
- Trade workers hope mandatory credit will help fill Simcoe County's employment gap
- Bridging the communication gap with high school sign language program
- Trailblazer Senator Wanda Thomas Bernard inspires students to create change
- Hundreds of ducks flock to this Wasaga Beach woman
- Police make arrest in Barrie homicide, search for 2nd suspect
- Impossible for many Simcoe Muskoka residents to afford healthy food: survey
- Driver, 20, trying to impress crowd faces impaired charges
- Here's what's happening across Barrie for Family Day
- 'I don't think a fish is worth your life,' Experts caution ice anglers on risky conditions
- Snowmobile season hit hard with limited trail access in Simcoe County, Muskoka
Ian Duffy is a video journalist with CTV New Barrie.
He studied communications at Brock University in St. Catharines before attending the College of Sports Media in Toronto.
Ian worked at the FNTSY Sports Network in Toronto after his internship and then went to Global News in Regina, Saskatchewan, as a sports reporter and anchor.
During the pandemic, he made the switch from sports coverage to news to give himself a new opportunity and return to Ontario.
He started with CTV News Barrie in June 2022, covering various stories.
Ian grew up in Ajax and speaks English.
He enjoys fostering rescue dogs and has an "absurd obsession" with the Cleveland Browns.
He won a national championship playing lacrosse while at Brock University. He also had a 'cup of coffee' playing lacrosse at the pro level and now enjoys refereeing the sport in his spare time.