Stories by Ian Duffy
- Youngest skier to ever join Canada's freestyle team is from Oro-Medonte
- Snowmobile season winding down with the melting snow across Simcoe County
- Trade workers hope mandatory credit will help fill Simcoe County's employment gap
- Bridging the communication gap with high school sign language program
- Trailblazer Senator Wanda Thomas Bernard inspires students to create change
- Hundreds of ducks flock to this Wasaga Beach woman
- Police make arrest in Barrie homicide, search for 2nd suspect
- Impossible for many Simcoe Muskoka residents to afford healthy food: survey
- Driver, 20, trying to impress crowd faces impaired charges
- Here's what's happening across Barrie for Family Day
- 'I don't think a fish is worth your life,' Experts caution ice anglers on risky conditions
- Snowmobile season hit hard with limited trail access in Simcoe County, Muskoka
- Employers entice college students at Ontario's largest student-run job fair
- Long-time friend shares fond memories of the late Hazel McCallion
- Couple transforming century-old church into dream home
- Barrie girl creates film to raise awareness about ADHD
- Elite women hockey players bring their game to Barrie for Dream Gap Tour
- New Tecumseth ice hockey program making the sport more accessible
- Local reaction to B.C.'s new illegal drug exemption initiative
- Orillia Lighthouse operators say 'help is needed more than ever'
Ian Duffy is a video journalist with CTV New Barrie.
He studied communications at Brock University in St. Catharines before attending the College of Sports Media in Toronto.
Ian worked at the FNTSY Sports Network in Toronto after his internship and then went to Global News in Regina, Saskatchewan, as a sports reporter and anchor.
During the pandemic, he made the switch from sports coverage to news to give himself a new opportunity and return to Ontario.
He started with CTV News Barrie in June 2022, covering various stories.
Ian grew up in Ajax and speaks English.
He enjoys fostering rescue dogs and has an "absurd obsession" with the Cleveland Browns.
He won a national championship playing lacrosse while at Brock University. He also had a 'cup of coffee' playing lacrosse at the pro level and now enjoys refereeing the sport in his spare time.