Former Ford staffer, apologizes for 'unacceptable' conduct
Top political staffer Andrew Kimber is seen in this undated Facebook photo with Ontario Premier Doug Ford.
The Canadian Press
Published Friday, November 9, 2018 12:29PM EST
TORONTO - A senior staffer for Ontario Premier Doug Ford who left his post last week is apologizing for what he calls his "unacceptable" behaviour.
Andrew Kimber, who was executive director of issues management in Ford's office, issued a statement on Twitter late Thursday afternoon.
He says he takes full responsibility for his behaviour and "unreservedly" apologizes for the pain he has caused others, adding "everyone has the right to live and work free from harassment."
Ford has said Kimber was removed from his post "immediately" after the premier's office learned of misconduct allegations against the staffer.
Kimber's resignation came on the same day Progressive Conservative legislator Jim Wilson was forced out of Ford's cabinet and the Tory caucus.
The premier's office initially said only that Wilson was resigning to deal with "addiction issues," but Ford later confirmed he was facing an allegation of sexual misconduct.