Stories by Christian D'Avino
- Simcoe County real estate market defies national trends with rise in sales and prices
- Horseshoe resort holds final Ontario Snowboard championships of the season
- 13 people solicited by grandparent scam in Midland area
- One person dead, 5 others in hospital after crash near Cookstown, Ont.
- Edmonton officer's deaths in the line of duty rocks policing community here at home
- March Break rakes in dollars for Georgian Bay tourism operators
- Barrie's Indian community celebrates 6th annual Holi Fest
- Snowmobiler in Minden Hills, Ont. seriously injured in crash
- MacLaren Art Centre celebrates local youth with two new exhibits
- Creemore, Ont. Farmers' Market holds inaugural baking competition
- Police and Coast Guard warn residents of ice-breaking near Beausoleil Island this week
- Orillia nurse practitioner-led clinic proposal awaits green light from province
- John Van Dyke sworn in as South Simcoe Police Chief
- Simcoe County man at centre of one of Canada’s largest art fraud investigations
- Hint of spring around the corner at Barrie Spring Garden and Home Show
- Barrie police take polar plunge to support special athletes
- Fire crews battle large house fire in Blue Mountains
- OPP confirms identity of two individuals found dead in Caledon home
- SIU clears officers in November arrest of man in Bracebridge, Ont.
- 128-bed expansion coming for Barrie, Ont. long-term-care facility
Christian D'Avino is an award-winning video journalist with CTV News Barrie.
The Brampton, Ont. native traveled to Dawson Creek, B.C. to get his career started in television news.
He describes himself as hard working and is always willing to dig deeper on the stories that matter most.
Prior to his role at CJDC-TV, D'Avino worked as a radio reporter for 980 CFPL in London, Ont. There, he also produced several talk shows and London Knights broadcasts.
When he's not reporting, D'Avino's weekends are typically spent watching his favourite sports teams or jamming out on his guitar.
D'Avino graduated from Fanshawe College with a diploma in broadcast journalism and graduate certificate in television news.
During his second year at the school, he was a recipient of the Bell Media News Writer of the Year and Dana Lewis Frontline journalism awards.
D'Avino is fluent in English.
- Bell Media News Writer of the Year award
- Dana Lewis Frontline award