Articles by Catalina
- Two-time Juno-award winning band performs in Barrie
- From Riverdance to Barrie: How Irish dance has evolved
- Casino Rama Resort announces additional shows to 2023 lineup
- Barrie residents dig out from overnight winter storm
- Vanilla Ice brings 90s hits to Casino Rama
- Barrie Mayor Alex Nuttall celebrates first 100 days in office
- Arena canteen program teaches culinary skills in Collingwood
- Police bust Barrie man accused of setting series of fires
- One person airlifted to hospital after crash in Mono
- OPP seize 16 stolen vehicles valued at almost $1 million
- Barrie advocates push for 24/7 warming shelter to protect city's homeless
- Budget-friendly bouquets in high demand for Valentine's Day
- Simcoe County beef farmers donate to area food banks
- Hundreds of pounds of beef donated to Simcoe County food banks
- Simcoe County actress in Oscar-nominated film 'Women Talking'
- Woman, 20, faces attempted murder charge after Barrie officer stabbed in face
- Barrie police investigating collision on Essa Road and Highway 400 ramp
- Barrie police collect valentine's day cards for seniors
- Young driver narrowly escapes stunt driving charges
- Mother and daughter wanted for charges relating to animal abuse
Catalina Gillies is a video journalist for CTV News Barrie.
Born in Cologne, Germany, Catalina moved to Vancouver at the age of four.
After watching the 2010 Winter Olympics in her hometown, Catalina knew she wanted to enter the broadcasting world.
In 2020 she graduated from the College of Sports Media in Toronto and began her journalism career as a reporter for Thunder Bay Television in early 2021.
During her time there, she had the opportunity to interview NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh one on one about various issues the Indigenous community faces. She also reported on Federal Minister Patty Hajdu’s campaign rally for the 2021 election.
Most recently, she was the 6 p.m. and 11 p.m. weekday anchor for TBT News before joining the CTV Barrie team in January 2022.
Catalina speaks fluent English and German. Outside of work, Catalina loves to travel, hike, watch reality tv and is a passionate dog lover.