Articles by Catalina
- OPP seize loaded firearm and drugs while stopping vehicle for speeding
- OPP officers narrowly escape collision in Tiny Township
- Coldwater Canadiana Heritage Museum offers glimpse into the past
- Simcoe County Suicide Awareness Council hosts annual walk
- Downtown Barrie's public art exhibition returns for 3rd year
- Residents protesting closure of Minden emergency department
- Simcoe Muskoka high school students get cooking in first-ever culinary competition
- Barrie hosts weekend-long pickleball championships
- Barrie Council approves dedicating memorial garden to COVID-19 heroes
- Siblings of slain OPP Const. Greg Pierzchala hold memorial run in Barrie
- Police release suspect photos in 'targeted' shooting that seriously injured man walking dog
- Casino Rama Resort adds nine new shows to 2023 lineup
- Barrie council adds additional day of free transit for seniors
- Two new charging stations available for public use in Orillia
- Grade 8 student launches 'Little Free Library' in Innisfil
- Smile cookie campaign returns to support local charities
- Family dog and 8-month-old puppy die in Essa Township house fire
- Health care workers rally against Ontario's proposed Bill 60 in Barrie
- South Simcoe Police Service honors its unsung heroes
- Lucy's Place residents take on furniture restoration project
Catalina Gillies is a video journalist for CTV News Barrie.
Born in Cologne, Germany, Catalina moved to Vancouver at the age of four.
After watching the 2010 Winter Olympics in her hometown, Catalina knew she wanted to enter the broadcasting world.
In 2020 she graduated from the College of Sports Media in Toronto and began her journalism career as a reporter for Thunder Bay Television in early 2021.
During her time there, she had the opportunity to interview NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh one on one about various issues the Indigenous community faces. She also reported on Federal Minister Patty Hajdu’s campaign rally for the 2021 election.
Most recently, she was the 6 p.m. and 11 p.m. weekday anchor for TBT News before joining the CTV Barrie team in January 2022.
Catalina speaks fluent English and German. Outside of work, Catalina loves to travel, hike, watch reality tv and is a passionate dog lover.