Gas smell causes Kozlov Centre evacuation
Published Tuesday, August 13, 2013 11:42AM EDT
Last Updated Tuesday, August 13, 2013 6:24PM EDT
In Barrie today five people were taken to hospital, and two were still being checked out late this afternoon after a gas smell cleared out the lower level of the Kozlov Centre.
Emergency crews were first called to a suspected gas leak just before 11 a.m. Aug. 13, 2013. A number of people were complaining of feeling ill because of a gas-like smell.
About 150 people had to leave the building. Many with symptoms were treated at the scene by paramedics but five people were taken to hospital as a precaution.
The source of the smell was confirmed to be the gas powered saws being used upstairs by construction workers. Fire crews vented out the building and after a couple of hours, everyone was allowed back in.
If you are on the scene of breaking news and capture it with your mobile device, share your pictures or video with MyNews.